Listen to "Angels from the Realms of Glory"
Have you ever imagined what the “Realms of Glory” look and feel like? I have to admit that I have not spent much time thinking on that till this fall when I found the story I will tell Christmas morning in service. There in the story, the author thought through so much more than I ever took time to ponder. I am blessed as I think about the heavenly realms and hope you will do the same. Today, take time to imagine what the “Realms of Glory” – where Jesus lived and now lives is like. In this imagining, I am humbled that Jesus would ever leave for a moment! I am grateful that his Angels will also leave this place to be messengers to earth.
Activity for Kids:
Imagine with your children the “Realms of Glory”. Draw some pictures and post them in a place for your family to see and ponder.
Move the angel one note.
Angels from the Realms of Glory
1. Angels from the realms of glory, Wing your flight o’er all the earth; Ye who sang creation’s story Now proclaim Messiah’s birth.
o Refrain: Come and worship, come and worship, Worship Christ, the newborn King.
2. Shepherds, in the field abiding, Watching o’er your flocks by night, God with us is now residing; Yonder shines the infant light:
3. Sages, leave your contemplations, Brighter visions beam afar; Seek the great Desire of nations; Ye have seen His natal star.
4. Saints, before the altar bending, Watching long in hope and fear; Suddenly the Lord, descending, In His temple shall appear.
5. Sinners, wrung with true repentance, Doomed for guilt to endless pains, Justice now revokes the sentence, Mercy calls you; break your chains.
6. Though an Infant now we view Him, He shall fill His Father’s throne, Gather all the nations to Him; Every knee shall then bow down:
7. All creation, join in praising God, the Father, Spirit, Son, Evermore your voices raising To th’eternal Three in One.